Friday, February 8, 2013

Waltons- Week one!:)

I started working in Waltons Music shop on South Great Georges street, in town. I wasnt as nervous as I was for my first placement, but I wasn't completely calm. I went into the shop and up to the desk. One of the guys that worked there realised that I was there for work experience and then I noticed another girl from a different school was also there for work experience.we were shown where to put our bags and coats and then we were put straight to work. I was asked to sweep the floor as it hadnt been done since before christmas. When I was finished I helped aoife to polish the pianos and then I was asked to tune some guitars. 49 to be exact. I also tuned some banjos but unfortunatly one of the strings snapped. I told phil, our boss, and he said that is was ok and it just needed to be restrung. then we were asked to take some stock from a massive cardboard box and put it up on display. at one o clock myself and aoife went for lunch. We had an hour but we came back after half an hour so that we could have time to play the instruments. We were then asked to go to the post office to post a letter. we had to be given directions because neither of us knew town very well, but we found it in the end. when we got back we did some more tuning and at three phil told us that we could go home early because there wasnt much left for us to do. overall I did enjoy the day. I got a feel for what its like to work in a shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment