Friday, February 8, 2013

Waltons- Week 2!

I was really looking forward to today, because I really enjoyed last week.I got the 8.10 bus into town and arrived at waltons music shop at ten to ten. I went in and to the room at the back to put my bag and coat away and found that aoife was already there. We went and started our morning jobs. This week was my turn to polish all of the pianos, which took a while but aoife helped me after she had finished sweeping. we then tuned some mandalons and banjos and I broke another string. But phil said that it happens all the time while tuning them so it was fine. Myself and aoife were then asked to go to the post office to post a violin bow, which is very delicate. We needed to get a postal tube for the bow. However to our luck, the postal tubes were too small. We trekked back in the rain to the shop and told them our dilemma. They asked us to try a shop on nassau street called reads. So we set off again to that shop, only to find that the postal tubes there were the same sixe as the ones that were in the post office. So we returned to waltons and they said that they would look for something that they could put it in. our next task was to organised the books on the shelves in alphabetical order. This was more difficult as first presumed, as there was not enough space on the shelves and it was very difficult to fit all of the books in. We went on lunch at one o clock and returned at half so that we could play the instruments. at two we continued with sorting the books. phil had found something to put the violin bow in so me and aoife were sent back to the post office to post the package. We spent the remainder of the day tuning guitars until three when we were told that we could go home.

No comments:

Post a Comment