Friday, January 18, 2013

Week 9

As always I set off for work and arrived at the school for nine o clock. as per usual I met up with chanice, daina and alanna outside my classroom. when my class came in they were freezing cold do when everyone came in they all stood up behind their chairs and did some jumping jacks to warm up. I was then asked to bring the kids down individually and help them with their tricky words. I had to tick the words that they new and then mark them out of 30. while they were down with me they also read through their readers. I then went for break with the girls in the staff room. After break I was sent into the other senior infant class and get a bag of compost. The girls had been learning about plants and flowers and today they were planting dafodils. The girls were all given biodegradable pots and the had to design them with their crayons. Afterwards the had to come down to me at the back of the room and I showed them how to plant the flowers. I took them down 3 at a time. The first had to put some of the compost in the bottom of the pot. They then had to place their bulbs into the pots. some of the girls had put the bulbs in upside down at first so i had to show them the right way of doing it. after lunch I had to take some girls down to my table in pairs so that they could inish art that they had started during the week. the idea was to paint a window and then have icicles hanging from the window. when the girls went home I went into chanices classroom and helped her to put worksheets into the girls folders. I then went with alanna to the printing room to get the paper guillotine so that we could cut up the laminated tricky works and stick them up onto the wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment