Friday, January 18, 2013

Week 10

Today was the day that i have been dreading since my first week of work experience. The last day. I am really going to miss the girls that i have been working with, the teachers and the school. I have become attached to the senior infants in a way and I am really going to miss them. as per usual I headed in at nine o' clock and met up with chanice, Alanna, and Daina. We all went up to the principal and gave her a present to thank her for having us back for work experience. I then went to my classroom and gave a present to Ms. A to thank her for having me in her class. I went to my table at the back of the room and all of the girls had to come down one by one with their readers and I had to do their reading with them. After everyone had read, the girls lined up according to the level of reading that they were at. I then had to swap the readers so that each girl had a book that they hadnt read before. I went for break at 10.35 until 11. when I went back to the class tey had learnt a poem about pets and before break Ms A had told them that they would be getting a visit from a pet. Mrs. B, who is a student teacher from chanices class, brought in her gerbil to show to the girls. They were all fascinated by the gerbil and were very excited. after the gerbil had left, I had to take the girls workbooks and put them in order of the tables that they were sitting at and put them back on the shelf. Since it was our last day, Myself, Chanice, Alanna and Daina decided to go out to the yard for lunch so that we could spend more time with the girls before they went home. After lunch, My class and Chanices class went to the stage to practice their christmas play. They were all sorted into their places and by the time that was done it was time for the girls to go home. when we got back to the classroom, One of the girls, Grace, cmae down to me with a present from the whole class. They gave me shower gel and a box of chocolates. I wasnt expecting to get a present so i was taken by surprise. I then gave the girls a bag of sweets each that I had brought in and gave them all a hug while they were going out the door. I am really going to miss them and am so grateful that I got the chance to get to know them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment